The Boone Learning Network evolved out of the Community Vision Committee’s education subcommittee to meet the need for continuing education to enhance economic development of the county and strengthen the sense of community. BCLN became a reality in 2006 through a partnership between Purdue University, Boone County Government and the Community Foundation of Boone County. BCLN is 501c3 not-for-profit organization with the directors position being filled in June of 2006.
The Boone Learning Network can provide affordable and accessible educational programs, courses and services that can be tailored to meet flexible needs and offer resources and assistance in college degree programs, lifelong learning programs, career counseling and business programs. BCLN can serve the community as the premiere resource of continuing education programs for residents, businesses, organizations and government agencies of Boone County.
- To enhance the quality of life in Boone County
- To create and develop a more educated and skilled workforce
- To provide affordable, accessible higher education programs
- To help match clients to their individual post-secondary educational needs
- To provide a variety of life-long learning educational programs
- To make available education programs offering work skill training, certifications, associate, bachelor, and masters degree programs
- To provide customized training for employers and businesses
- To market and promote existing programs and services
- To develop and nurture partnerships with institutions of higher learning in Indiana, encouraging them to bring programs to Boone County